Sonnet of a Big, Black Dude ( A Nigger's Sonnet)

AL | 9:39 AM |

Blackweaties: A happy, well adjusted, non-rapping black dude...

By Africanlegend
Name is Demarcus, I'd like to share my turbulent tale,
A dark skinned man of mystery in college, ever so washed and white,
Reading books, taking walks, lifting weights but not in jail.
I'm a big, athletic black dude and that's my only plight.

A hug, a hand shake, an invite to dine and dinner.
They talk and smile, they claim to see nothing, to see no race.
They buy Mr. Blackie a drink, makes them a saint not a sinner.
I'm a friendly, acceptable black dude, they speak to me, they tell it to my face.

A verse, a line, a sonnet, it's poetry not rap.
No hip-hopping, no basketball, just tennis and The Fray.
No Free-styling or gangs, no beef, no selling crack.
I'm a differrent kind of black dude, that's what they say.

I can read and write, I love it so.
I speak well, I say sir, maam, please and thank you, but never nigger,
Yet they think all I do is hit the jumper or make the free throw.
He's a well adjusted black dude let him in, he won't pull the trigger.

Black male, between 0 and 6 feet, I fit the description.
Saturday night, in a library reading tales of Odyssus and Ancient Greek depictions,
but the college security guards still lurk with suspicion.
I'm a black dude that wants wisdom and knowledge, one of my many addictions.

I am scary, I make the white girls jump, jolt and jitter,
They fear my big pecks, school bag, my apple mac, my curse.
In the middle of campus, the fear in the eyes, the tears on their glitter,
he's a black criminal disguised as a student, let me clutch my purse.

They are trashing, screaming and drinking.
Drunk men hola and dance to the wretched tune of rufee filled beer.
Fighting, spitting, kicking and scratching, no thought, no thinking.
But they are distinguished, learned, decent white dudes, nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Dedicated to Blackweaties

Category: