Soccer Player connects with the Wrong Ball ~ Ouch!!! (Rooi Mahamutsa Red Card: VIDEO)

AL | 5:35 AM |

Rooi Mahamutsa Red Card,video,Pirates, SuperSport United, MTN8
Thabiso Nkoane (blue) struck by Rooi Mahamutsa between the sticks (white) in what Mahamutsa maintains was an attempt to clear the ball ~ Balls cleared, no doubt about that!
 Drama ensued after the final whistle of a 0-0 draw in the MTN8 fixture between Orlando Pirates and SuperSport United of South Africa. Rooi Mahamutsa of Orlando Pirates made a solid connection with Supersport United's Thabiso Nkoane directly in his sweet spot, resulting in a deserved red card.

After Mahamutsa's brilliant strike, the Pirates player attempted to plead his innocence to the referee, appearing to be shocked to have been issued his marching orders.


Rooi Mahamutsa has since issued an apology  on the Orlando Pirates' website to everyone except Thabiso Nkoane, the player he struck in the danger area.

“I would like to apologize to my teammates and the supporters for my red card. I did not mean to kick the player, my intention was to clear the ball and not to hack the player from behind. It was a terrible accident and I deeply regret having done what I did. I would like to apologize to the team as well as the supporters for letting them down..." 

Mahamutsa maintains that his actions were a genuine mistake.

I don't buy it....

Match Report

Category: