Escaped Tiger wreaking havoc in South Africa!

AL | 6:39 AM |

What you will see precisely before you are eaten.
By Sparklingjem
I was listening to the radio yesterday when I had to stop what I was doing for a few seconds. I stood transfixed and flabbergasted as the news anchor reported that a tiger was on the loose somewhere in Johannesburg. Apparently, the tiger had managed to open the back of a van and abscond while it was being driven by its owner to a veterinary clinic in the town of Springs, east of Johannesburg.

It took me only a few moments to decide what this was. An April Fools joke on
African Time. People from Africa are notoriously late for everything and often show up hours or weeks after the time that they are expected to arrive. A 3 month late April fools prank while certainly not out of the realms of possibility, was certainly not very likely.
This morning I turned on that radio and I heard it again! A repeat of the tiger warning, adding this time that the tiger is especially dangerous as he is not used to sleeping outside at night and didn’t have his regular dinner of fried chicken and chips (guess this meant the tiger is probably black).

I decided they were merely overplaying a successful joke and switched to another radio station where I heard the SAME story. This ruled out some sort of prank because there was no way a rival radio station would carry the same story? The report was now beginning to sound like a plot stolen from a Die Hard movie because now the tiger was avoiding detection by satellite and evading capture (never using debit or credit cards, always paying in cash of course). Then I saw the story headline on TV when I got home. I was confused. It was time I took extreme measures to verify the story. SO I GOOGLED IT!

After several painful minutes of rampant Googling, I was forced to accept that there really was a tiger loose in the middle of a city in Africa. So for all our South African readers, if you see Panjo the tiger, please DO NOT approach him. He may be very dangerous. Contact your nearest SAPS station and report the sighting immediately.

Read the article here

Category: